If you have not yet done so, download the IntelligenceBank Desktop Uploader from the Admin section of your platform.
Once downloaded, unzip the IntelligenceBank Desktop Uploader file by double clicking on it. This will automatically uncompress the file to create a folder which contains all the required application files.
The IntelligenceBank Desktop Uploader is a portable application, which means that it doesn't require any installation. This is particularly useful if you are working on a computer that is restricted by your IT department as in many cases, installation of softwares are strictly prohibited.
Once it is unzipped, copy and paste the newly created IntelligenceBank-win-64x folder in the desired located. You can for example copy it directly in the roots area of your hard drive, or directly into the Program Files folder. Note that folder has to be copied onto your local computer's hard drive, shared and network drives are not supported.
To launch the application, double-click the IntelligenceBank.exe file. It is advised that you also create a shortcut to it and place on your Desktop or any other easily accessible location on your computer.
When you click on the IntelligenceBank Desktop Uploader Sun icon, the login page will appear. Enter your platform URL, Username and Password to login.
Note: you must be a Main Administrator of your IntelligenceBank platform in order to use the uploader.
Upon your first login, any existing folder structure available online will automatically be populated into your new IntelligenceBank Upload Folder. A shortcut to that upload folder is also automatically created on your desktop.
The original uploader folder can be accessed within the Users area of your computer.
Drag & drop or copy files to your upload folders, or create new ones to prepare the content to upload.
In the bottom right of your screen, you will notice a small IntelligenceBank icon. Click on it to display the actions menu. You can click on Open Folder to open your IntelligenceBank upload folder.
When you are ready to upload your files, click on Sync All. All the files located in your IntelligenceBank Upload folder that do not already exist online will be uploaded into your platform. Any missing folders will also be automatically created.
Note: Files are upload in small parts so if your upload is interrupted, files partially uploaded will resume from where the interruption occurred.
When the upload is completed, a confirmation window will appear. If any files failed to upload, the window will indicate so.
Other key things to note about the IntelligenceBank Desktop Uploader:
- After the Sync is complete you will need to refresh your IntelligenceBank platform (if that is open in a web browser at the time you are syncing).
- Files are physically matched on the server, that is, we recognise if it the same version of the same file independently of what the name of the file or on display on the site is.
- If one of these files gets physically updated (e.g. you make modifications to a Word document), it will get uploaded as a new file online. Support for versioning will be added soon.
- Files will not have any description or filters applied to them, even if there are mandatory filters - however after the upload you can Bulk Edit these files to add these in.
- When images are uploaded, the metadata is automatically extracted and indexed into the search engine.
- When folders are created, the default settings available under your Admin section apply: default resource order; default folder layout; public sharing enabled; default permission rules.