Once you have uploaded assets to your platform, you can also easily share them with registered or non-registered users on the platform. One way is to email the asset or share a link to a user or recipient. There are two types of share links:
Internal Share Link (Registered Users)
This type is for users with an account on the platform. Users or groups can be selected. To determine if a user is registered on the platform, you can do a search to locate a user. If the user does not appear in the drop-down, please proceed to use the public share option for non-registered users.
Public Share Link (Non-Registered Users)
This type is for non-registered users, who do not have a login or account for the platform. You can send non-registered users a public link to the asset and apply a link expiry date and time and come back to manage the link expiry date and time.
Use these steps to share a link to one or more resources.
To share a single asset
- Hover over the asset with your mouse
- Click the three dots menu (⋮) view more actions menu drop-down
- In the drop-down locate and select ‘Email Link’
- This will take you to the ‘Share Resource’ window
- On the left hand side, you will see the asset you are trying to share. On the right hand side, you will see the Share Link Options.
To share an asset with a registered user on the platform, select Internal Share Link (Registered Users):
- For Internal Share Links - Select the recipient/s in the user or groups drop-down Once you have selected the user/group, select the ‘Load Users’ or ‘Load Groups’ button, to add to the Recipients list. You may add more than one recipient or group.
- Alternatively, you can select ‘Copy Internal Link’ to then paste into your local email, messenger, slack or teams.
To share an asset with a non-registered user on the platform, select the Public Share Link (Non-Registered Users) option:
- For Public Share Links - Enter the email address for the recipient and select ‘Add Recipient’. Add one recipient at a time.
- For both methods, you can send an email directly from the platform to the recipient, you can edit the email Subject and Message content.
- Once you are happy with the email, select ‘Email Internal Link & Close’ to send an email directly from the platform.
- Alternatively, you can select ‘Generate Share Link’ to then paste into your local email, messenger, slack or teams.
For more information on Sharing, please refer to these articles: