If you are taking leave and are looking for an easy way to automatically reroute any approval requests to another reviewer while you are away, you can use our “Auto reassign workflow requests” to accomplish this.
*PLEASE NOTE Auto reassign will only work on approvals requested after the setting is enabled. Pending approvals will need to be manually re-assigned. To updated pending approvals, please refer to How can I reassign an approver?
To set up this feature:
- Navigate to your user profile settings by hovering over your name in the upper right hand corner of the site and selecting “My Account”.
- Scroll down to the field called “Auto reassign workflow requests to” and select the dropdown menu.
- Find the user who you would like to re-assign your requests to, select them in the field,
- Select “Save” at the bottom of the page to save these settings.
Key points to consider:
- The user you have selected and saved in this field will not receive any notifications that new approval requests will be re-assigned to them at this point.
- From this point moving on, any new approval requests that you would normally be a reviewer on, or selected to review would automatically be re-assigned to the user you have selected in that field on your user profile settings, They would receive the pending request notifications and be able to review/approve requests, etc.
- When you return from leave, you will need to navigate back to your user profile settings, and ensure the field is blank and your settings are saved
**PLEASE NOTE On your return from leave, any pending requests that were auto re-assigned to that user will not automatically revert back to you for review once you remove that user from the Auto Reassign Workflow field.
Please sign in to leave a comment.