To add navigation menu items, go to Admin > Templates. In the Navigation Bar section at the top, click on the Add+ button. To add a sub-menu item, hover over the parent item, and click on the Add+ button which will appear then.
A pop-up will appear prompting you to select the Type of Menu item you would like to add. The options available will depend on Modules enabled on your platform, and the terminology may vary slightly as it can be customized under Admin > Modules.
- Resource is to add a shortcut to a folder.
- Custom Page is to add a shortcut to a folder. You can also make this custom page the landing page when users login to the site.
- Database to add a shortcut to a database.
- Survey to add a shortcut to a survey.
For these, the menu item will only appear if the user has permission to see the associated content.
- Parent Menu to add a virtual parent menu item to which you can then add sub-menu items.
- Custom URL to add a shortcut to any URL.