You can watch an overview video here.
The IntelligenceBank Adobe Creative Cloud Connector allows users to do the following from within Adobe InDesign, Photoshop or Illustrator Creative Cloud (version 2018+):
- Login to your IntelligenceBank platform.
- Browse folders and image files you have access to. User permissions are mirrored within the plug-in.
- Place a preview of your assets into your InDesign document. The following image file formats are currently supported: tiff, gif, jpg, jpeg, bmp, eps, png, ai, eps, psd. The preview image will be a PNG file with a size of up to 850 pixels. Place a supported asset into your Illustrator or Photoshop document.
- Open a supported asset as a new document in InDesign, Illustrator or Photoshop.
- Pre-Package your document and download the original/high resolution version of your placed images in a separate folder (in the same location of your document).
- Embed placed images into your Photoshop or Illustrator document.
- Check for updates on the placed assets, which get automatically updated on your document.
- Share lightweight files with other Connector users: the missing images placed from IntelligenceBank DAM will get automatically downloaded when users login in to the Connector.
- Upload or update documents and assets into IntelligenceBank directly from the connector. Any document or asset opened via the Connector, will remain tied to its original entry in IntelligenceBank, making it easy to push changes back, either as a replacement or new version.
- Additionally, a Photoshop or Illustrator file that is placed in InDesign, and that is then opened in Photoshop or Illustrator for editing using the Edit With action InDesign, can then be pushed back to IntelligenceBank as an update once the changes are made, which will then reflect automatically in InDesign.
Also, note the following:
- A Delete icon will indicate if a placed image asset has been deleted or if you do not have permissions to the asset anymore in your IntelligenceBank platform.
- Preview images are stored here (note that this is a hidden system folder): /Users/<your user name>/Library/Application Support/LocalStore/IntelligenceBankImages/
- Pre-Packaged (ie Original / High resolution) images are stored in a folder called IntelligenceBank Images created in the same location as the related document. You can choose to have all your Adobe documents in the same location so that the IntelligenceBank Images folder centralizes all related linked images.
NOTE: The connector has been optimized for Adobe Creative Cloud 2018 +. If you are using a previous version of Adobe Creative Cloud, please update to the most recent version. Adobe Creative Cloud 2015-2017, CS6 and previous versions are not supported.
For a full list of supported Photoshop file formats click here