Each user can set up and save Filters within their Workflow Request List to allow quicker access to the Approval Requests they most often need to see.
A typical example would be to save a Filter where the user is a Reviewer for a request in 'Pending', so they will always see the items they need to review. This can be tailored even more by including who the Request is Waiting on, an easy way to see what each selected user needs to action.
Filtering your Workflow List
You can use one or many filters to get the view you prefer. These options include:
- Requested From: The start of the date range you require
- Requested Until: The end of the date range you require
- Workflow: Which workflow you would like to see eg. a feedback workflow, publish workflow
- Requester: Who submitted the request
- Reviewer: Who has been nominated to review the asset
- Name: Search functionality for keywords, names of assets etc.
- Status: What status is the request at
- Waiting On: What requests are waiting on the selected user(s)
- Grouped Requests: This is a separate tab that allows users to filter Grouped Approval Requests using the options above (excluding Waiting on). You can read more about that here.
Saving a Default Filter
To Save a default Filter setup within your Workflow Request List simply select all the filter values you want to see in your default setting - such as Requester, Approver, Status, etc.
Once all your required values have been selected click the Save as Default checkbox.
Now click Search. This action will both run a search as well as save your selection so next time you can access this page with the filter values automatically applied.
At any time you can update your default filters, or change them 'on-the-fly' as required.
Email Link Override
Note that links from Workflow Request Emails can temporarily override these settings and display only that specific Request. From there you can re-select your filters 'on-the-fly' to broaden the results, however note that the next time you click directly back into your Workflow Request List you will see your Saved Filters have been restored.
* Please note that some of the terms used above such as Workflows & Approvals are customisable and may appear differently in your platform.