For Publish Approval & Feedback Workflow requests you can now introduce a staged, or hierarchical, review process.
For example, a request could go first to User A and User B on Stage 1, and then once approved this can trigger the escalation of the request onto User C in Stage 2, and so on for up to 5 stages in total.
Creating a new Staged Workflow
To set this up click into Admin > Workflows
Click to Create Workflow and select either Publish or Feedback as your Workflow Type.
Under Review Process select Staged
Then under Reviewers enter the order of your staged approval process.
You must select at least 2 stages and can select up to 5 stages:
Multiple approvers can be added per stage:
Please note that the minimum Required Approvals per Stage will be the same for all stages.
Note also that auto-approvals based on Conditions is currently only applicable against the first stage.
Complete the remaining Workflow options as required.
Applying Staged Workflow at the Local Level
If the Staged Workflow has not been selected to be Global then it will need to be added at the local level for your Resources Folder, Database or Survey.
This can be done in the following locations:
* 'Add Folder' > 'Advanced Options' > 'Workflow' > 'Add Workflow'
* 'Folder Settings' > 'Edit Folder' > 'Workflow' > 'Add Workflow' (for existing folders)
* 'Add New Database' > 'Workflow' > 'Add Workflow'
* 'Database Settings' > 'Edit Database' > 'Workflow' > 'Add Workflow' (for existing databases)
* 'Add Survey' > 'Configure Survey' tab > 'Workflow' > 'Add Workflow'
* 'Manage Survey' > 'Configure Survey' tab > 'Workflow' > 'Add Workflow' (for existing surveys)
Re-assign Reviewers from a Stage
When in your Workflow Request List reviewing requests please note that the option to reassign an approval will only apply to the current stage it is up to.
Reminders for Staged Workflow Reviewers
When in your Workflow Request List sending a reminder to Reviewers, note that the reminder emails will only apply to Reviewers on the current stage.
Admin User Reviewing Staged Request
Admin users can only select to Complete Stage one stage at a time when they respond to a request. On the Final Stage they can then select to Complete Request when submitting their response.
* Please note that some of the terms used above such as Workflows & Approvals are customisable and may appear differently in your platform.