The IntelligenceBank Connector for Wordpress lets users connect to their IntelligenceBank platform directly from within the Wordpress Media management interface.
INSTALLING THE CONNECTOR
To get started, download the connector here, or search for "IntelligenceBank" from within the Plug-ins area of your Wordpress instance, and then follow the standard plug-in installation steps.
ACCESSING THE CONNECTOR
When going to edit a page, a post or a product, or to any view in Wordpress which has the editor enabled, you can access the IntelligenceBank platform by going into the Add Media view and clicking on IntelligenceBank DAM on the left side menu:
When going to edit a page or a post, you can access the IntelligenceBank platform content via one of the following options:
- Rich Media action in the rich text editor (when available/enabled).
- Add an IntelligenceBank block.
- Add a standard Image, Gallery, Audio, Video, Inline Image, Cover or File block. Any standard block accessing the Wordpress Media Library popup to add files will display the IntelligenceBank tab, allowing you to login and access your content so it can be inserted into the block.
Products still follow the same interface as Wordpress 4.
Overall, any plug-in that accesses the default Wordpress Media Library popup to select assets will display the IntelligenceBank tab, enabling you to access your IntelligenceBank DAM content directly.
LOGIN IN TO YOUR INTELLIGENCEBANK
To login and start using the connector, enter the following credentials:
- If your company is located in Australia / Asia-Pacific, enter apiau
- If your company is located in the Americas enter apius.
- If your company is located in the Americas enter apieu.
If your are unsure of the hosting location for your platform, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org find out your API URL.
- Simply enter the URL of your IntelligenceBank Platform
- This is the email addressed associated to your IntelligenceBank user account.
- This is the password you setup for accessing your IntelligenceBank user account. If you cannot remember your password, go to your login page to reset it and create a new one.
HOW TO USE THE CONNECTOR
Once logged in, you will be able to browse through your IntelligenceBank folders and content.
To download a file and insert it into a page, simply click DOWNLOAD on the file, and the file will then get added to your Wordpress local Media Library.
You can also choose to insert directly a Public Link (if enabled) to the original asset on your DAM (if enabled). The link will then remained tied to that original asset in IntelligenceBank, so if a new version is uploaded the file will get updated automatically. If the original asset is deleted, it will also get deleted from the Wordpress page where it is used.
Note that this method only works in Wordpress 5 when inserting contact via the Rich Media action in the text editor, or by using the IntelligenceBank block. It is not supported when using the standard Image, Gallery, Video, Audio, Inline Image, Cover and File blocks.