The Microsoft Office 365 Connector allows IntelligenceBank users with an Office 365 account to Create and Edit compatible Microsoft documents within IntelligenceBank.
This will allow for greater collaboration amongst users, quicker feedback when editing and an audit trail including tracked changes within the Office document if enabled.
The connector is an add on, if you'd like a demonstration please speak to your Customer Success Manager.
- How to Access the Microsoft Office 365 Connector
- Editing an Office Document
- Creating a New Office Document
- Working Files
- Additional Information
How to Access the Microsoft Office 365 Connector
The Microsoft Office 365 Connector is an add-on, if enabled, you'll be able to see it in the Resource Module. If you are a Publish level permission user or above you'll see the Edit Online action on compatible file types.
The compatible file types are:
- Word - docx
- Excel - xlsx
- Powerpoint - pptx
Editing an Office Document
As a Publish or higher-level user, you'll see the Edit Online action against compatible file types. Clicking Edit Online will take you to Office Online in a new browser tab, you'll be prompted to log in with your Office 365 account if not already logged in.
From here you can make edits to your Office document as if you were in Office Online normally.
Clicking Close on the Office Online Editor tab will show a popup in IntelligenceBank.
From here you can click Save to save your Office Online edits over the existing Resource, clicking Save will take you to the Edit Resource page where the upload field is already populated with the Office Online file, or you can leave your changes in the Working Files area if you wish to continue Editing it later or are awaiting feedback and collaboration with others before Saving over the Resource.
Creating a New Office Document
When in a Folder as a Publish or higher user, click on the Add button, then click on Office Online. From here you can select the file type and input a name for your Office document.
Once you've clicked Create File, you'll be taken to Office Online editor in a new tab. Here you can begin creating your document.
Once you've closed the Office Online editor tab, you'll see a prompt to either Save, this will create a new Resource from the Office Online file within the Folder, or select Working Files to see where your Office Online document is sitting waiting to be created as a Resource.
The Working Files area is where all Active Edits of existing Microsoft Documents appear, or where newly created ones are located waiting to be created as a Resource.
You can access it by clicking on the Working File toggle in a Folder, similar to toggling between Resources and Folders. The toggle will appear as long as there is at least one Office Online Edit in progress within that Folder.
Within the Working Files area:
- Click the Pencil Icon to rename the Working File
- The Edit Online action will take you to the Office Online Editor in a new browser tab, you'll be prompted to log in with your office 365 account if not already logged in
- Email Link will allow you to send a Link to the Working File. Only users with Publish and higher permission on that Folder will appear in the User list
- Click Publish to Save the Working File over the Resource,
- If the Working File is a new Document then you'll be taken to the New Resource page to fill in any metadata.
- If the Working File is an Edit of an Existing Office Document, then you'll be taken to the Edit Resource page where you can edit existing metadata before saving.
- If there is a Workflow on the Folder then the normal process applies, on Save, the Resource will be sent to the Workflow / Approval area.
- Download will download the current Working File to your desktop.
- Delete will remove the Working File. It will not delete the associated Resource is there is one.
- A Business Office 365 account is required to use this connector.
- All Office Documents are stored within IntelligenceBank servers. Editing the Documents uses Office 365 functionality and your Business Office 365 account
- There is currently a Microsoft Office File Size limit of 5MB, you'll be able to Save if you go over this limit but you won't be able to Edit again
- Publish Users without a Business Office 365 account can still see the Working Files in the Folder and Publish those Working Files
Please note that the 'Resources' and 'Workflows' terminology referenced above may appear differently in your platform as these are customisable terms. You can view related terminology here.
If you have any further questions about the Microsoft Office 365 Connector, please contact your Customer Success Manager.