Main Admins have the ability to create Custom URLs, making it easy to share links with users that are simple to access and recall. This can be customised for any URL, allowing any link to be transformed.
This article contains a detailed how to guide on how to customise a URL. You can jump to a specific section via the list below.
- Accessing the Manage Custom URL page
- Managing your Custom URLs
- Creating a new Custom URL
- How users can access Custom URLs
Accessing the Manage Custom URL page
Custom URLs can be managed via the Admin > Templates page. A setting called Manage Custom URLs will appear, alongside a Configure button. Click this button to customise your Custom URLs.
Managing your Custom URLs
The Manage Custom URLs page allows you to track which URLs have been customised and easily add, edit, copy or delete them.
On this page you can do any of the following options:
- Add a New Custom URL via the Add button at the top right of the page
- View all existing Custom URLs in a list view
- View information about each URL, including Last Updated Time, URL, Custom URL, Creator and Actions.
- Copy the URL via the Copy action (or click the Custom URL to open it in a new tab)
- Download a QR code for that URL, allowing you to easily send and promote new links internally.
- Edit the Custom URL
- Delete the Custom URL
Creating a new Custom URL
Once the Add button has been clicked, you can create a new Custom URL. This should be done in 3 simple steps:
- Add the URL you wish to customise.
- Add the Custom value you want to apply
- Save and Distribute your Custom URL
How users can access Custom URLs
Once a Custom URL has been saved, users can access it utilising the custom value. E.g. instead of " intelligencebank.com/resource/folder/index/de8ae205f4902610120528f9255e5b25" which is a link to a Folder, the user could access "intelligencebank.com/s/stockphotography". When the link is accessed, the user will still be redirected to the correct page, but will be able to see the custom value, ie "stock-photography" in the URL. This makes it easier for them to recall this page later.
Please sign in to leave a comment.