The IntelligenceBank Connector for Salesforce is a Lightning Component that makes it easy for users to access their IntelligenceBank content directly from within Salesforce.
With the IntelligenceBank Connector for Salesforce, users can:
- Login to their IntelligenceBank platform, including via Single Sign On
- Browse and search their IntelligenceBank content
- Copy files into Salesforce, and automatically link them to the page record they are currently on
- Download files to their desktop, or share them with a public link
When a file is copied into Salesforce's file library, it is automatically linked to the record where the file is copied from.
All actions conducted by users within the IntelligenceBank Connector for Salesforce will appear in the usage reporting within IntelligenceBank, enabling Admin users to track and report on which files are being used within Salesforce.
Users can login to their IntelligenceBank platform directly from within Salesforce.
Users can browse and interact with their IntelligenceBank content directly from within Salesforce. Permissions apply.
Copied files are automatically linked / shared with the record where the action was triggered from.
The Resource Id and File Hash are tracked against the file, to prevent duplication of uploads. If a file already exists from a previous Copy actin, it will not be uploaded again. If the file copied is a newer version of a file that exists in Salesforce, a new version will be automatically created in Salesforce.
In IntelligenceBank, the usage reporting displays when files have been accessed from Salesforce.
Installing the Connector on your Salesforce instance
The IntelligenceBank Connector for Salesforce can be installed by clicking on the direct link provided by your Customer Success Manager, and following the steps on the screen.
Enabling the Connector on Lightning Pages
On a Record page for the object you would like to display the IntelligenceBank Connector on (e.g. Account), click Edit Page to access the Lightning App builder.
You will then see IntelligenceBank listed as a Custom - Managed component (bottom left). Simply drag and drop it to the location where you would like it to appear on the Page, and then Save.
Support, limitations and restrictions
- The IntelligenceBank Connector for Salesforce does not work on Internet Explorer 11.
- The IntelligenceBank Connector for Salesforce can be installed and used on the following editions of Salesforce:
- As such, the IntelligenceBank Connector for Salesforce cannot be installed and used on Salesforce Essentials edition as Salesforce API access is required for the Connector to operate. Learn more about Salesforce editions here.
- The IntelligenceBank Connector for Salesforce can be installed on all products of the force.com platform (Sales, Service, Community, Field Service, CPQ, Industry clouds).