For all Resources Approvals, users will have a slightly different experience to other modules when it comes to Reviewing an Approval Request, with an updated UI and additional information options. This is part of a new feature and upgrade which includes Markup Comments.
The new Review Request page outlined below only applies to Resources Approvals including Download, Feedback & Publish Approvals. All other approvals for other modules, including Databases remains the same. To find out how you can review other types of Requests, click here.
This article contains information about how a user can respond to a Resources Approval Request and the information included within the Review Request page. You can click on an item in the list below to jump to that section.
- How to Access Resources Approval Requests
- Review Request
How to Access Resources Approval Requests
Approval Requests are accessible via the Workflows / Approvals module. In the Workflow Request List, depending on the filter options selected, a user will see all the Workflow Requests they have permission to view. The actions available for each request will depend on if the user is a Reviewer, Requestor or if they have permissions which could override those users.
Users will often locate a specific request directly via the email alert they received informing them of the request. In this instance, only that file will appear in the list by default.
Once a user is on the Workflow Request List, to access to Review Request, users should click the Review Request icon. You can see an example of this below.
Once the Review Request action is selected, the Review Request overlay will load. Here the user can view details about the Resource submitted for approval and detail about the request. The sections below describe the information that will be available in each section.
A Preview of the file will be visible on the left of the Review Request Page, as you can see below. This allows you to easily view the file you're reviewing. It also includes a shortcut to a Download option which will allow users which sufficient permission to download the Original file.
Item Details is always the 1st section in the Review Request page and displays basic information about the request item. It appears for any type of Review Request. All of the content available here (as included in the example below) is automatically generated about the request based on the Resource. Information includes:
- Resource Name.
- Version number & Comment if applicable.
- Folder the Resource is located in (or will be located in).
The Request Details section displays key information about the Workflow Request and always appears for any Review Request. Information available includes:
- Workflow Name & Type.
- Request Time: When the Requester submitted the Workflow Request.
- Requester: The user who submitted the Workflow Request.
- Grouped Request: If applicable this displays the name of the Grouped Request.
- Request Comment: This is what the Requester added to the Comment field when they were submitted the request.
- Reviewer(s): Includes all Reviewers that need to review the request. Note that the display of this field will be dependant on the number of users selected and if the request is Staged or Single. Note that only 20 Reviewers will be displayed at a time by default..
- Approval(s) / Feedback(s) Required: This is a new field which indicates the number of Approval(s) required before the request can be completed.
- Response Required By: If applicable, this will display the Date the response from the Reviewer(s) is required by, as selected by the Requester when the request was submitted.
- Resource Needed Until: If applicable, this will display the date as selected by the Requester when the Download Request was submitted.
- Resource Needed For: If applicable, this will display the value selected by the Requester when the Download Request was submitted.
- Custom Form Fields: If any Custom Form fields exist in the Download Approval, these will also appear here. When applicable, this will also be broken up into different sections.
Request Status is a new section that provides users with additional information about the current status of the Workflow Request. This is available for all requests and includes the following information:
- Request Status: Is the request in Pending, Approved, Declined, Cancelled, Reviewed.
- Request Stage: If applicable, this will include the current stage.
- Approval(s) / Feedback(s) Still Required: If the Request is in Pending, this will display the number of Approvals still required for the Request to be Completed as Approved.
- Waiting On: This includes a list of Reviewer(s) that have not yet reviewed the request.
- Completed / Cancelled Time: If request is Completed or Cancelled, these fields will show the time when that occurred.
- Response(s): When Reviewers have responded to a request, these will be listed from Oldest to Newest. This will include their response and any associated comments.
The My Response / Response Details section is dedicated to submitting the Response. It is only visible to Reviewers while the Request is Pending and is automatically open. In this section, users can update the following:
- Response Comment: This may be a Rich Text Editor or not depending on the options selected in Workflow Admin. It can also be Mandatory.
- Complete Request / Complete Stage: This option only appears if the User is a Workflow Admin. It allows that user to complete the Request; overriding any other response requirements.
- Response: The options available in this field will be dependant on the Workflow Settings. The potential options include:
Approve: This will Approve the Review Request for this Reviewer.
Approve with Comments: This will Approve the Review Request for this Reviewer, however with a flag that this request is only Approved with comments.
Decline: This will Decline the Review Request for this Reviewer.
- Approved Until: This is applicable for Download Approvals only and allows the Reviewer to select a Date and Time, after which the file will not be able to be downloaded. Note that subsequent Reviewers can update this Date / Time as well.
- Whilst the Request is in Pending, ie it's awaiting approval by other users, users who have already reviewed the request are still able to update their response.
Submitting the Request
To submit the Request, click the Submit button at the bottom right of the page (as pictured below). Once this is done, the Approval Request will be updated and any required alerts will automatically be sent to relevant users.
Markup Comments is a feature that allows users to provide informal feedback on the file via Annotations & Comments, adding new revisions / versions in a collaboration stage that occurs prior to approval. You can read more about that feature here.
To access the Markup Comments page, click the Markup Comments button highlighted in the screenshots below.
To read more about Approvals click here.
To read more about Markup Comments click here.
Please note that the 'Approvals', 'Workflows' and 'Resources' terminology referenced above may appear differently in your platform as these are customisable terms. You can view related terminology here.
If you have any further questions about Instant Alerts, please contact your Customer Success Manager.