There may be times when a pending approval request you sent needs to be cancelled- maybe it was submitted for approval by mistake, or no longer needs to be actioned/reviewed.
*PLEASE NOTE: As an approver, if you only require a change to be made to an asset, DO NOT decline the approval. Instead, notify the requester of the changes you require via the Markup Comments.
To cancel an approval request you’ve already submitted:
- Navigate to your Approvals section of the platform
- Locate the approval request that needs to be cancelled
- Select the “Cancel” icon from the Actions menu to the right hand side of the request
- This will open up a window asking if you are sure you’d like to cancel the request - if you’re sure, select “Yes”
Key points to consider:
- A notification will be sent to the reviewers on that the request has been cancelled and will change the status on the approval request from “Pending” to “Cancelled”.
- Once an approval is cancelled you will not be able to reinstate it and a new one will have to be raised if an asset still requires it
- Please note that only approvals still in pending can be cancelled. Once an approval request is no longer pending (ie: either declined or approved) cancelling is no longer possible
- Please also note that both requestors of the approval and reviewers (as well as Admins) have the ability to cancel a pending approval request