The Grouped Download Approval Request feature allows users with ‘Preview’ permission to request download approvals for multiple Resources from Folders with Workflows.
This article will take you through the below:
Grouped Download Request
Users needing multiple images for projects have the ability to request files in the same form submission instead of requesting each one separately.
This feature can also be accessed from both a users Collection(s) and Search Results within the platform.
Multi-Step Request & Download Process
When a Grouped Download Approval request is submitted the platform automatically builds a multi-step process in order to:
- Request approval across different approval workflows a user belongs to (See Step 1 below)
- Give a user the ability to download any selected resources that may have been pre-approved or auto-completed resources as part of this request, all in the same process (Step 2)
Step 1: Download Request for Selected Resources
Step 2: Bulk Download Approved Items
Workflow Set-Up to enable Grouped Downloads
Note that Grouped Download Approval Requests are only supported for:
- Global Download Resource Workflows that have the ‘Allow Location Customization’ setting disabled. The workflow cannot be customized on a folder by folder basis. (For more about the Location Customization setting, click here.)
Review Grouped Download Requests
A single consolidated email will be sent to the requestor and approver(s) at the start and to the requestor at the end, once all items have been reviewed.
Accessing your Grouped Requests in the Workflow Request List
Items can be approved in Bulk via your Workflow Request List.
Click on Grouped Request tab and click on the name for the relevant Grouped Request:
This will open the Grouped Approval Review page and show all items that were requested.
Grouped Approval Review page
The Grouped Approval Review page can be split into two main sections; Requests and Responses.
On the left of this page you can view all the items listed in the request. You can do a number of actions within this space:
- Filter by request status, ie to all Pending or Approved requests
- Search for specific request names
- Select specific requests via checkboxes to apply response information to in bulk or batches
- Open individual requests if you wish to check each in more detail and review them individually
- Perform key actions like Download, Re-assign and Cancel
- View key information about each request (such as remaining Reviewers)
The right side of the page allows Reviewers to:
- Input Comments
- Add an Approval decision, ie Approved or Declined
- Add an Approved Until date (if applicable)
- Reviewers should Click Apply to Selected to add those details to the selected requests.
Submitting your Response
Once you have added in the needed responses, either in bulk or individually, click Submit & Continue, or Submit & Next (for individual responses). Your Grouped Approval Review page will automatically update to reflect the changes.
You can view a full walkthrough of those options below:
Items can also be responded to individually (i.e.: decline some and approve others) via the normal Workflow Request List approval process.
* Please note that some of the terms used above such as Workflows & Approvals are customisable and may appear differently in your platform.