If your platform has Public Access enabled, you can enable for non-registered users to be able to browser select Folders and access Resource Assets without requiring to login to the platform.
To enable access to your Resource content to Public users, enable access to the Resource module for the Public Access User As Group under Admin > Groups.
Public Access is treated as a "Public User", which is why permissions are set via a User As Group and not a standard Group (which are designed for multiple users).
You can then enable access to specific Folders by clicking Details under the Content column. You can also apply permissions directly within a Folder Settings permissions (under the Public Access User as Group).
Note that only Preview and Access permissions are available for the Public Access user.
Once Public Access user permissions are enabled, non-registered users can be provided direct access to the platform Resource area or to a specific folder (via the browser URL), and navigate through Folders and assets as if they were a registered user.
Also note the following:
- Download workflows do not apply to Public Folders.
- Bulk Actions are not available on Public Folders.
- Annotations are not available to non-registered users.
- Non-registered users do not have the ability to email a link from the platform to other users.
- Resource metadata will be visible to non-registered users.
- You can set for your platform's root domain URL to direct Public users directly to one of these folders by default (instead of the Login page) by setting up the landing page of the Public Access Division (which is automatically created when Public Access is enabled on your platform) to a navigation menu item that is tied to a Folder enabled for Public Access.
*By default, a maximum of 50 simultaneous public users can access Public content at any given time, with a maximum of 1000 unique public visitors per month. For more information, or to increase these limits, contact your Customer Success Manager or email us at helpdesk@intelligencebank.