Each user can set up and save multiple Filters within their Approval Request List to allow quicker access to the Approval Requests they most often need to see. Filters apply to both the Request and Grouped tabs.
A typical example would be to save a Filter where the user is a Reviewer for a request in 'Pending', so they will always see the items they need to review. This can be tailored even more by including who the Request is Waiting on, an easy way to see what each selected user needs to action.
Users can then switch between their saved Filters, making it easier to locate specific requests.
Filtering your Workflow List
You can use one or many filters to get the results you need. These options include:
- Request Time: View requests from a specific date or within a set date range
- Workflow: Which workflow you would like to see eg. a feedback workflow, publish workflow
- Requester: Who submitted the request
- Reviewer: Who has been nominated to review the asset
- Name: Search functionality for keywords, names of assets etc.
- Status: What status is the request at, ie Pending, Approved, etc
- Waiting On: What requests are waiting on the selected user(s)
To Save a Filter within your Approvals Request List follow the steps below or view the gif below. Saved Filters can be Edited, Removed and selected as the Default filter for each user.
- Navigate / open your Filters Panel
- Click the Add Filter button
- Name your Filter so you can know what it is that will be searched
- Click Add Condition
- Add in the Conditions (listed above), that you wish to filter to. As you add in complete conditions, the list behind the Filters Panel will update.
- Click Save to Save your new Filter.
- Note that is specific to each user and will not appear for other users
- You can Save a maximum amount of 20 Filters.
- You can also click Apply to view an on-the-fly filter.
Selecting a new Default Filter
Users will automatically have a "My Default" filter located at the top of the Filters panel the first time they access the Approval Request List.
Users can update the conditions available in this default by selecting Edit in the filter dropdown menu (located by hovering over the filter and clicking the 3 dots). They can also select another Saved Filter in the Filter Panel and click the Default option in the dropdown. You can see how to do this below.
Applying an on-the-fly Filter
If you wish to quickly refine your requests and don't need to save the filters, you can also add an "on-the-fly" filter. This is a temporary filter that will be available for the length of your log-in session and will automatically be removed unless you save it.
To create, simply click Apply or close the Filter Panel when adding new conditions to your new or existing filter. Note that if you update an existing Saved Filter but don't save the changes, only the original Saved Filter will be available next time you login.
Email Link Override
Note that links from Approval Request Emails can temporarily override these settings and display only that specific Request. From there you can still select and navigate to other filters as required.
* Please note that some of the terms used above such as Workflows & Approvals are customisable and may appear differently in your platform.