A new option within your Form Builder module enables the ability to select not only a specific Date within a record, but also a specific time. If you have, for example social media posts or documents that need to be submitted by certain times, this functionality enables greater tracking and scheduling ability.
Enabling Time Selection
For users with access to the Form Builder, enter that module from the Database you wish to apply the change too, then:
1. Add a new Date field to your form.
2. Click the checkbox under Time Selection.
3. Save your Field.
Note that this feature is only available for new Date fields and cannot be applied to existing Date fields.
You can view an example of this process below.
Selecting Time on a Record
Once the new Date Time field has been added to your form, Users can now select the Date and Time that needs to be associated with each record. You can see a demonstration of how this works below:
A few points to note:
- Once you've selected a Date within the popup, the view will automatically switch to the Time picker so you can select a specific time. This also applies within the time picker as once you've selected an Hour, it will automatically switch to the Minutes selection.
- The Default time is taken from your Timezone set in My Account.
- You can switch to from PM to AM by dragging the circle hovering over the current selection to the outer (or inner) row of numbers.
- To Edit, you can always re-open the Date Time picker and select the Clock to open that tab.
Time Display on Your Records Views
On the List and Cards views, Time display will appear alongside the Date information. On your Calendar view however, time information will be displayed vertically within the time brackets associated with the times entered.
On the Calendar specifically, you have the ability to view records within a Date range; this also applies to the Time Selection option,
Within the Weekly and Daily Calendar Views; records can be viewed within hourly slots, with records lasting a full day being placed at the top of the page.
Additionally, for the Start Date field selected, if you select a specific time with adding a record, that Date field will automatically be pre-filled with that detail.
Other Supported Time Display locations
Along with the your Record displays, you can also view this information in other areas of the platform. This feature is also supported in the following locations:
- Exporting / Importing Records
- Database Alerts
If you have any further questions about this feature, please contact your Customer Success Manager. Alternatively you can read more about your Databases module here.
Please note that the 'Database' and 'Records' terminology referenced above may appear differently in your platform as these are customisable terms.