What are the best practice tips for improving searchability?
Think of the IB site similar to a web search - you enter a descriptive word and search for instant results. You don’t click through folders to source content.
For this reason, best practice is to minimise folders, and maximise asset tagging.
Optimised searching involves 3 key items:
- Keywords - descriptive words that “machine read” auto AI or client specified
- Example: Flower= petal, rose, stem, red
- Recommend for auto AI to be set to “strict” for quicker and accurate tagging
- Integrate Adobe Creative Cloud metadata
2. Filters - categorical values that are either general or client specified
- Example: Year, asset type or size, author, date, licensing etc.
- Custom filters can be created by individual user needs
- Recommend to limit to 6-8 so its not cumbersome for the uploaders or editors
3. Tagging - all assets are tagged with keywords and/or filters
It is recommended you search using a combination of both keywords and filters.
Please refer to About Filters for detailed documentation on filters.