There are 4 ways to migrate files into your IntelligenceBank platform. Your Customer Success Manager will work with you to select the best option depending on the number and size of the files you need to upload.
These options include:
- Platform Upload
Upload files using the platform's simple upload options. You can choose to upload files individually or upload up to 100 files at a time using the Bulk Upload feature.
- Install the Desktop Uploader
Sync files and folders from your desktop directly into your platform. This is a good option if you have hundreds of files or if you have files over 10GB, as many browsers cannot handle uploads over that limit.
- If you have data in other systems such as Dropbox, Google Drive, Box or others (see below for examples), your Customer Success Manager can set up a direct link for you to easily transfer files and folders.
- If you have over 1TB of data, you can also ship us a hard drive and we can upload it ‘via the backend’ via our data center.
Best Practice for Data Migration
While you can import any file type (except .exe files), as well as large files over 10GB, we recommend the following best practice guidelines when providing us with your data. These guidelines are not mandatory but will assist you with a speedy implementation.
- Provide us with the files in the folder structures you would like to see on IntelligenceBank. You can move files after the import, but it’s easier to do it before.
- If you have time, create consistent naming conventions for files and folders.
During Data Migration
When files are uploaded into IntelligenceBank, we automatically extract key metadata embedded in the file. From within the platform, you can also run keyword auto-tagging on valid file types.
As part of your implementation package we are able to complete the keyword auto-tagging process for you. We can also provide a spreadsheet of all files and folders imported, allowing you to add other details, including other metadata filters, descriptions, file dates, review dates and keywords. This information will then be uploaded in bulk, with the details linked directly to your Files.
You can see an example of this below:
To find out more about the data migration options above, please contact your Customer Success Manager.
Please note that some of the terminology referenced above may appear differently in your platform as these are customisable terms.